what does kill you makes you stronger

anthony - HAWTHORNE, Florida

What Doesn’t Kill You Makes You Stronger

The sweat was dripping of my face “move unload the clip on him”. as I heard my homeboy tell me with tense panic tone in his voice had suddenly told me to pull the trigger and at that spit second it was two lives your of mine and one had to be loss. It started that same morning as I woke up with a violent Path of destruction and it wasn’t me it was what I had become what the hood made me into. As I got up out of the bed and took one good look at myself in the mirror thinking who am I. what have I done what have I got myself into and at that second I t6hought back to how I got myself into this thinking back to the fight that I seen at the age of 10 with 1 kid the same age as me getting beat down to the point were his life taken, and told by my friends that had been I gangs I felt that there was no other way to get out the saying around the hood was there were only one way to get out of the hood and that had to be in a body bag. As I look at my self in the mirror I feel ashamed in myself and saying to myself what my mother thinks of me how I had caused her nervous break down and leading into her death. I had no one but my homeboys in the begging I could do nothing I didn’t have the guts to pull the trigger on an other gang member or a kid that was the same age as me. But today was the day were nothing mattered at this time I had no thought for what was good or bad it was just me and the gun. “This is it that took bloody j now its there time for them to die f*** crabs” “lets go bloody murder” (is what my gang name was).as we walk outside the door drinking on 40’s and smoking weed like a typical gang member would. Sitting on the stoop throw up out signs and b walking in the street beaten up and robbing people and stores but it was the most work we had ever done because we were so hyped up for the rumble that night. It was about 5:00 after we had robbed the 711 on 13th street we did nothing but ride around the blood territory throwing bottles and pulling the triggers of empty guns just to scare the local people walking or homeboys posted on the walls posted up waiting for something to happen, but in the hood there were gangs but the two biggest gangs crabs or crips and blood but every time we said crip we had to make them sound so ugly or despise them in some way. Riding in the car looking at the walls and buildings that we wrote ck all over which stood for crip killer. It was night time and we were on our way to the rumble we pulled up and looked at the crabs standing in a perfect line ready to kill before I got out the car my homeboys put a gun in my lap and said be careful because my set was like a older brothers as me being the youngest. Suddenly a shot was fired my homeboy was shot in the arm so I pulled out my gun out and the gun was to the head of the kid that shot my friend. And the sweat was dripping of my face “move unload the clip on him”. as I heard my homeboy tell me with tense panic tone in his voice had suddenly told me to pull the trigger and at that spit second it was two lives your of mine and one had to be loss. My finger was wrapped around the trigger then I pulled.