Teenage Love

Kadeidra - Gainesville, Florida

A girl had a crush on this boy; she wanted to get to know him. They flirted everyday and talked on the phone every night. One day the boy asked her out. She told him yes! From that day on the girl had nearly fallen in love wit him. She bragged about how cute he was his swag, kisses, hugs and etc. While the girl was writing in her diary about him one night; she had gotten a call from her best friend. “Girl your boyfriend is cheating on you!” The girl’s heart dropped and she hung up the phone……..

This goes on in every teenager’s life; heart breaks. Teenagers shouldn’t fall in love to fast. Women are the targets most of the time. They are easier to get heart broken because men and woman have two different feelings. Woman goes through more emotions than men. From my friends mistakes I have learned that the best thing to do is to stay single, but when you see your friends do something, that influences you. So if your friends have a boyfriend/ girlfriend you might want to have one too.

Relationships also involve peer pressure. That’s another reason why teens shouldn’t fall in love to fast. Most men mines think alike, a phrase that is used often for most boys is “If you love me, you would give it up.” The Woman that doesn’t have any since would go for this dumb phrase. Me? No it wouldn’t because I have common since to wait until its time. It seems that girls are always easier to get to than boys. I never quite got that. Maybe that’s why some parents say “we’ll let you know when its time to date.” I believe it needs maturity.

Courtship Vs dating; the church that I attend doesn’t believe in dating. They believe in courtship. Courtship is a man’s courting of a woman; seeking with affections of a woman (usually with hope of marriage.) From what I have learned is courtship involves parents, getting to know the families and etc. Having parents be involved sounds much easier. They know he/she that you have a special interest in and they may start to trust this person enough were you can go out “with permission”. Parents being involved are a help to she/he who is ready or close to marriage. They believe dating leads to fornication (sexual intercourse between two unmarried people.) Which most teenagers who have experienced this, should know. That’s the ending point of dating because once they get what he/she wants the relationship is over. This is why I believe you should court and not date.

So while my life continues to the fullest. I will use what I have learned from when I entered this world until I die. Elders are the ones who know best. Why? Because they are more experienced than we are. I Kadeidra believe that you should court and be careful about falling in love to fast.