Candy to My Ears

Antonio - San Bernardino, California

I believe in inspiration through Music. Music surrounds this world and it seems that I can’t go a full day without hearing someone playing a song or listening to a song that I enjoy. Music has such a strong influence on me because it really speaks to my soul. If music did not exist, then I would be standing in a world that spins in silence…

I have so many songs and different genres of music that I enjoy, but it is all about the lyrics of the song and the beats that I hear that really give me the inspiration to move on through my day with strength and energy. I have many songs that have a positive message just in case I have the days where I may feel down or like life is getting to me. The song “Bridge to Better Days” talks about the singer Joe Bonamassa having hard times with a woman that he cares about ignoring him: but he continues thinking positive and that inspires me to stay positive! The lyrics ”…you treat me like I’m not there, but I guess that’s who you are. I’m on the bridge to better days! Better days are coming now….” These lyrics uplift me and put me into a better mood because I know that even with rough times in my life better days are coming! Then there are other songs that inspire me to keep on going even though I feel like I couldn’t possibly do another thing. The lyrics from the song Superman by Goldfinger,”… I’m trying to sleep, I lost count of the sheep, my mind is racing faster

every minute, What could I do more, yeah I’m really not sure, I know I’m running circles

but I can’t quit…” really inspires me to keep on going even if it feels repetitive. Music inspires me every day in my life and I can honestly say that it has taught me so many life lessons and inspired me to be a calmer and gentler person. Life is short and there is no time to be worried about things that might happen and stressed about things that are out of my control.

I enjoy music and maybe one day I will enjoy listening to music that I can play with my own hands. I owe so much to music and I try to support artists that gave me the inspirational music throughout my generation by buying CDs and showing up to their live concerts, which I enjoy dearly. The best thing about music is that it has such a wide range of genres so I will likely find a genre that many others will enjoy and be able to talk about. I will be listening to music that inspires me for years to come; be it now or until my senior years, it will always be in my heart and maybe one day it will be in my children’s hearts as well.