Believe in destiny

Karen - Huntington, West Virginia

I believe in destiny because it never leaves my side. Our lives are made of destiny. We were created as a destiny, so a great part of our destiny is the place in which we inhabit, Earth. Everyday we go outside or in, and the events that take place rather planned or not are a destiny to the end. It is up to us to use this power wisely so that we can conquer what is left which is love. Everybody we meet is a part of destiny in its own way because we are all connected. Therefore, destiny will pave our way through life if we just accept and believe.

About five years ago, I got to experience destiny at its best, when I met my best friend who became my husband. I was working at a gas station on a Sunday that I was originally scheduled off. A guy walked in and started talking to me about Che Guevara, a revolutionist of Cuba. I was wearing a shirt with Che Guevara printed on it. It was interesting how we just connected over one person. A few months passed, and I left work on a bicycle and headed to the apartment I was staying at, when suddenly a car turned the curve rather fast and almost hit me and the bike. As I reached the complex, I passed the car. It had stopped at the mailboxes and wouldn’t you know it was the same guy, whose name I learned is Andres, whom I had spoken with months before. It turned out that he lived on the other side of my apartment. So, that evening I went to Andres’ apartment. He showed me some drawings that he drew the night before, and of those drawings was a sketch of a girl with long hair that resembled me by far, and underneath the drawing it said “and suddenly I know you are coming.” He said he awoke from a dream and just started drawing. From that night on I knew he was my soul mate and together we had a daughter. Another destiny was born named Rain Dreamed.

This part of my destiny did not end happily. My husband was killed, alongside one of my best friends, in a tragic accident. Not all destinies end with happiness; only you can move forwarded until your destiny is no more. To accept your own fate of destiny that was chosen for you, only then can you better your life and the world around you. I must now stay strong and happy for the sake of our daughter, for she has her own destiny to fulfill. Nothing else matters now than for her to be happy and remember her father who did everything he could for her.

Ask yourself do you believe? As Thuen Mares wrote in Dragon Lore, “There is no act more powerful than the act of believing,” and ” Destiny is the key to both creation and destruction.” One must try to persue one’s destiny to his or her best ability. By doing this it creates oppurtunity to improve your life and the lives of others. These concepts have been taught by all religions throught the ages. Just believe, and destiny will pave the way for you. Without destiny our lives would not be. Just being human is a destiny in itself.

Although destiny is something we are born into, people ignore and try to avoid fulfilling thier own destiny. Many times when people do this they seem to destroy themselves. I have asked my if I have done my best, and so far it has been a good try. Every day I wake up and try to do better than the day before. Can you say you make these efforts? By asking ourselves these questions, we may come closer to achieving our ultimate goal. In my opinion, if one does not avoid his or her own destiny, the outcome will be greater than you can imagine or that I could even write. We are all connected in many ways, so we need to help each other and believe to achieve the greatest destiny of all, life and beyond.