Malcolm - Huntington, West Virginia

I believe in me. I believe I can do anything, be anything, and become anything in life that I have chosen to become. I refuse to allow my age of 53-years old to hinder me or stop me from accomplishing my dreams and goals in life. Now, some people may feel that my way of thinking is foolish. However, I feel that my way of thinking is not foolish at all. As a matter of fact, I consider my way of thinking as being that of an intelligent man who has come to learn in life that one is never too old to see dreams come true and ones goals come to pass. I believe that with the help of God, I can reach the moon. If not the moon, then I can reach the stars. Age is nothing but a number.

At 53- years of age, I cannot allow my way of thinking to become like that of most young people I have come to know in life. Most young people believe that they have all the time in the world to accomplish their dreams and goals in life. When in reality they do not. So most young people take on the attitude of lets party and have a good time. I call this youthful thinking. For those of us who considerer ourselves to be a mature adults and have had the opportunity to experience life on an adult level know that each day that God blesses a person with is indeed a blessing from God above and that one must take advantage of every opportunity that God sends along the way.

One of the ways that I have chosen to take advantage of an opportunity that God sends along the way is by attending college for the very first time at the age of 53- years old I know that my journey through college will be challenging from time to time whenever my teachers or professors have given me certain assignments to do and I find that these assignments are somewhat complicated for me to do. However, no matter how hard the assignments may be, I will not give up and quit school. I am of the opinion that winners never quit, and quitters never win. When it comes to Malcolm Scott, I am a winner. I am a 53- year old man who believes in himself. a man that believe he can do anything, be anything, and become anything in life that he has chosen to become.

Now that I have taken my first step towards making my dreams come true and my goals come to pass, my views on certain issues have changed. Instead of being content with a two year associate degree, I feel that I deserve much better. It is now my desire to try and obtain a 4 year degree .instead of a two year degree. With God’s help, I know that I can accomplish all that I have set out to accomplish.

In closing, no way can I bring my thoughts to an end without taking the time to acknowledge my professors and teachers at the Marshall Community and Technical College in Huntington, West Virginia. Men and women that have gone beyond the call of duty inside of the classroom while teaching their students; men and women who believed in Malcolm Scott. I have two words for my teachers and professors. Thank you.