how can i be lonely?

huy - Dublin, California
Themes: family, love

I believe that the future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

I learn that lesson from my Mom’s life. When she was nine, my grandfather died and

my grandmother went away. My Mom had no home, no money. Loneliness is the only

thing she had in the world. My Mom was adopted by a family which had four children.

That nine-year-old girl must learn how to do housework, cooking, cleaning…everything.

Instead of having a family to love and to be loved, she received hardworking and

maltreatment. That girl grew up and still worked so hard to survive and for a day that she

could go to school. My Mom still remembers the day she graduated from the college: “It

was a bright, shiny day. What a wonderful day!” Yes, she did it. She dared to dream ana

tried to make it come true. “Nothing happens unless first a dream” my Mom always said

that after telling me a fairy story at night. Now being alone in a new country, I must face

to many difficulties. Though life becomes harder, I will never give up. I will believe in

and fight for my dreams.

I believe that love is nothing but happiness.

My family used to be very happy. Dad never went home late, we had dinner, spent

our weekend together…When I was about eight, Dad didn’t go home often anymore. I

could see the sadness in my Mom’s eyes and knew that something was wrong. Then they

separated. Growing without father, I didn’t feel happy. I thought I was lonely and nobody

cared about me. I usually blamed my Mom when something was going wrong. She just

didn’t say a word.

One day, she surprisingly went to my school, took me and my brother to the beach. I

remember we sat silently together for a long time. Watching sunset of a huge sky and the

little shadow of my brother playing on the shore, I felt much more empty and lonely.

Then my Mom tenderly put her hands on my hair and said “Heart has reasons that reason

does not understand. Maybe I’m nothing in this world. Maybe I can’t do anything right.

But I’m sure that there are at least two children will not live lonely like I used to be.” I

could see the love in her eyes and feel it was rising in my heart too. I have never been

lonely. Mom always loves me. Now I am happy and satisfied with the presence. I love

my family and the way it is.

In the world that full of changes, one thing I am sure of: there are everlasting things,

nothing can destroy them. They are beliefs, dreams and love. From the moment I learned

how to believe, how to give love, I know that I will never be lonely anymore. Wherever I

am, there is someone thinking about me.