The Most Powerful Thing

Melissa - san ramon, California

The Most Powerful Thing

I believe in friendship. Friends are people you share everything with and

you’re not scared to let them in, share my secrets tell them everything. I believe I can’t

enjoy life to its fullest without having somebody else to share it with, though being

someone’s friend isn’t always easy. My true friends can take the good me with the bad

me. Friendship is a two way street that consists of bumps, stop signs and lights. Each

fight or blow up of emotion throws off the smooth motion in which we all want our

friendships to go in.

Friends are what keeps me going strong. They say “you can’t pick your family

but you can choose your friends”, well this is true. When I choose my friends I choose

the people who make me feel comfortable, people I want to be around not people I have

to be around. It’s those people that I want to make my life with because my friends will

impact who I am tomorrow. When people look at me and see what my friends are like

they see who I really am.

When my relationship with my long time boyfriend came to an end I was in

pieces. I didn’t know when I would be whole again. My best friends, Jessica and Catty

were there for me. They helped me get it together and dry my tears. Jessica decided one

day to make me get out of bed and go on a little trip with her; we picked up Catty and

drove to Mt. Diablo. We drove up the hill and pulled over about half way up the

mountain. The girls took out some Dr. Pepper and some white cheddar popcorn, which

these happen to be my two favorite things. We sat on the roof of Jessica’s car and

watched the sun go down. We stayed there and talked for what seemed like days. They

made me feel so much better and I realize it wasn’t that bad. I was thankful that my

friends were able to do that for me.

My real friends love me for who I am and I don’t have to change for them to

like me. I don’t have to lie about myself to make my true friends accept me. Friends are

there for each other and my true friends will always be there for me. They are there to

give light to my life not dim it down. There are so many good people in this world and

having friends that care is a true power in itself. I don’t take a friendship for granted

because I’ll never know when my next great friendship is around the corner. I hold on to

my real friends because I’ll never know when my next great friendship is around the

corner. I believe that friendship may be one of the most important and powerful things in

our lives.