Start To Finish And All The High Fives Along The Way

Bo - Danville, California

The most accomplished people didn’t just go from start to finish. They had little stopping points along the way or goals that they had to reach before they achieved the ultimate accomplishment. I believe it is very important to have goals in your life no matter how big or small they may be to keep you motivated and give you a sense of accomplishment when trying to obtain an even bigger dream.

I have always set little goals throughout my life that I have wanted to obtain in

order to have the life that I want. For instance, I have several major goals that I want to master at this point in my educational career. I want to be able to get into a school outside of California. I would prefer a college in New York City, but in order to get to that point in time where I can live and learn on my own two feet, I want to move out of my own home as a way to seek my independence and act as a starting point for my future.

For me, having goals in my life has really helped me start to grow up

and become more a productive young adult. I have a job, I’m doing well in school

and I have a college and career path already in my sights which is more than I can

say for most people my age attending a Junior College. However, I wasn’t always this

focused. During High School I wasn’t a horrible student but I wasn’t really anything special either. Aside from excelling in Choir I really wasn’t anyone worth envying in the

academic department and I had no idea what I was going to do after graduation. My friends started getting acceptance letters to places like Harvard, NYU, UCLA, and Berkeley. What acceptance letter did I receive? Well DVC doesn’t send those. That was a wakeup call telling me that I needed to take control of my life and start making it the life I wanted and not the life I was given.

Now I really can say that I am on the right path to a successful future and it is all due to little goals and things I work for to help me achieve a successful and happy future. I strongly believe in setting goals in my life because if I don’t have anything to work for then what’s the point of even having a life if I am not going to do anything with it?