Changing

Tony - San ramon, California
Themes: change

I believe life is unexpected and that is what makes it great. I was born in Coos Bay Oregon in 1988 to my parents David and Cindy Warner. Now I live with my father who has since remarried and now live in California. If you asked me when I was young if I knew I would be in California; working, and going to college I would of never believed you. Just as time has changed so has my life.

I see live as the unknown. My best friend from 1st grade in Oregon called me in 2006 and told me about his sister. She was riding with some friends of hers when the driver lost control of the truck on a dirt road and crashed on the passenger side killing her instantly. When I heard this I was blown away I had known her since before I even remember. Her life was taken from this world in a flash. That is just how life is, unexpected. The more I think about it the more it makes sense that not just life but everything around this world is unexpected.

Humans do things in hope of a result but if by some chance their result changes then they must adapt with that change to survive. Growing up I was heavier then say most others kids. So that made me an easy target to be made fun of. Growing up and moving so much made me adapt to the situation I was put in. It toughened my skin so little thing like word wouldn’t bother me as much. I had been forced to change not because I wanted to but because it was need to enjoy my life without being harassed. The change of hardening my skin made my life enjoyable. I never though or expected that I was going to be laughed at when I was young but it changed my life and my experiences growing up. Now you may ask yourself what so great about all that. Well it’s that unknown that made me who I am today. So in my mind I wouldn’t change that for the world. That is why I believe life is great for being unexpected.