This I believe

Abbagail - blountville, Tennessee

I never knew how much family meant to me until I didn’t have them in life one day. I believe you should always keep your family close. I come from a big family; sixteen cousins and eight aunts and uncles. When I was younger, every Sunday my family would get together for dinner or just to be with each other. When my Grandfather was still alive the family would come to my house because he lived there with my mother and I. My Grandfather passed away when I was 10, it hit the family hard. After the funeral is when all the trouble began. My family fought over everything; funeral costs, who gets what, it was pure chaos. Eventually everyone just stopped talking to each other and went their separate ways. On occasion we would speak to my aunt. Little did we know that she would soon be gone too. My mother was supposed to call her the night before it all happen. My aunt had died from a drug overdose. She felt awful and felt like she could have done something to stop it. I felt helpless, it was very hard for my family to cope with. it was especially hard for her two daughters. I never realized how important my family was until all this happen and it just hit me all at once. I wish there was something I could do to bring everyone back together, but unless they want it to happen to I don’t believe it will. I think back all the time about the time we all spent together and how close we all were. At that time in my life I didn’t think I needed anyone but them, they meant everything to me, they were my life. When I grow up and have a family of my own I will do everything in my power to make sure nothing happens to us. I believe, keep your family close!