Be Yourself

Galvydas - hinsdale, Illinois

Close your eyes and follow your heart. Do not worry about what people think or say about you. Be an individual, be yourself. The majority of people tend to stray to mainstream things like fashions, clothes, music, and styles.

Throughout my life I have always been the one out of the loop and never up to date with what people call main stream things. Though in the past it has caused me some hardship and people looked at and treated me differently but today I am happy because I did not become just another minnow in the sea.

By not simply following the lead of the majority of people, I have grown to be an individual who listens to himself rather than what society says and enjoy life just as much as the next guy. I have never bought new clothes just because the TV or some other brainwashing median told me it is cool. I choose what to do when ever I feel the need to do so. People may be able to pick me out of a crowd and say I am different but is not that the way life is supposed to be? To express ones self and to be an individual and follow ones own beliefs and basically live their own life. With our heroes, role models, and the media telling us what is cool and how to act and what to buy, I think it is having the opposite effect rather than making people individual it is just making everyone alike and feel like they have to do certain things to fit in and how to live life. Break your shackles and become free to be who you really are and follow what you really believe in.