Heels are a Girl’s Best Friend

Wendy - hinsdale, Illinois

As a child I envied my mother’s sense of style. I would occasionally slip on a dress of hers, pair that with some pearls, and of course, pick out my favorite pair of stilettos. Despite the awkward fit, I would drudge around the house with a sense of grace and sophistication. When my mother saw my ensemble, a big smile would spread from cheek to cheek as she told me how beautiful I looked. Now looking back I understand how foolish I must have appeared, but I am glad that my mother complimented me, and started my love of shoes.

In more ways than one, High heels can give the confidence boost and height that every female needs. From the beginning of time, high heels were a resemblance of elegance and timeless beauty. They can be worn with anything: from jeans to casual wear to formal wear. They come in all different colors, patterns, and materials and can be a girl’s best friend.

I feel there are always appropriate times for the heels to come out. This time would be anytime. During special events, such as a dance, wedding, or holiday, nearly everyone is sporting their favorite shoes that match their outfit. Another place to wear heels might be shopping: whether it is to the grocery store or to clothing stores. The sense of sophistication that heels give off will draws attention to the person wearing them.

This sophistication is a huge confidence booster, and makes me feel on top of the world. Of course, since I am already tall, I literally am on top of the world. But, when one is down, why not throw on a pair of pink stilettos and dance? Another time for heels is if one is really short and would like to appear taller. If one does not want to draw attention, there are various styles of high heels that can be very modest.

I believe that a pair of heels has the ability to give one the confidence boost that is needed in their life. When wearing these durable shoes, I am reassured that my investment is being put to good use. I not only feel fantastic while wearing some high heels, but I can look good too.