Strong Faith

Tiffany - Cromona, Kentucky

I believe that religion and God are the most powerful things in life. Growing up I had always heard about the Bible, God and how important it is to go to church. From the early ages of being able to understand the concept about God and how he was the source of our creation, I knew it was important to believe and follow His commandments that were given to us in order to have the victory of eternal life. As a child I was often told stories from the Bible by my mother and grandparents but being so young, I often took what were saying to be almost fairytale like. I didn’t know that what they were telling me at bed time was the history of my salvation.

Getting older my curiosity grew and realizing the importance of where I came from and how everything came to be was something I was very interested in. I wanted to know more about God and why it was He sent His Son to die for a world that was full of evil and sin. I didn’t know so much love could ever exist. But it does. I believe that my decision to follow my faith, has lead me in so many positive directions. If it wasn’t for my family members and friends encouraging me to go to church and hear the word of God I don’t think I would have been as blessed to have the close relationship with Him as I do now.

Just like every red blooded teenager I was challenged to make very important choices and I had to decide for myself what was good and what was bad. What was wrong and what was right. With the help and power of prayer and looking to God for the answers I was able to make my decisions. Without having the knowledge of the Bible and the rules for Christian life, I don’t think I would’ve made the right decisions.

Of course being human, I still stumble but I am always quick to pick myself up. I get down on myself, there are times I forget to pray, and I don’t always put the right things first. But slowly I am getting better. I am pushing myself and my prayers are getting stronger and deeper every day that the Lord will guide me in the right direction that I sometimes stray from. I believe that God has a plan for all of us whether we realize it not. There is a reason and purpose for everything and everyone. We may not realize it now, but in due time we will.