I Believe America is Dead

William - Sugar Grove, North Carolina

The preamble of the Constitution states, “We the people of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.” What happened to this country when it was founded upon Christianity? Now if you even say the word God everyone looks at you awkwardly like you just uttered a cussword. I see everyday more and more this country is falling farther and farther from its founding beliefs. Last night I played in a basketball game and at halftime this guy preached and ninety percent of the crowd was astounding and shocked someone would talk about God and Jesus at a basketball game. They all acted like what the heck is going on, this could offend someone. I believe I could care less if I offend someone, as long as I uphold the Lord no one can ever get me down. America is falling apart, stock market crash, the war in Iraq, the gas crisis, and the list goes on for miles. The reason this is happening is because America has become a country full of pathetic pieces of trash. Everyone holds back all the time because they don’t want to offend someone and get sued. Well I am going to become something different, I am going to be who I am and not care what people think. The media is liberal and wants to control everyone by telling them what is cool and what they should do. I am not going to take it anymore, never again shall I read another newspaper, vote, or pay a tax. Until the government decides to be for the people and by the people, why should I have to give everything I have to make the richer richer. I am not trying to preach and make you a Christian, that’s your choice and I don’t care what you do. I am who I am and I’m just tired of this country trying to tell me who I am. Why can’t I pray openly at a restaurant without getting stared down by thirty people wondering who that crazy guy is? My time on this planet is short and once I am off of it, then I will be where I belong and everyone will go where they deserve. America is dying and we can save it, but sadly America’s politicians won’t allow us to save it. They can’t lose all that power they use to get rich off by our taxes. This country became what is has because they asked God for help when they needed it and they tried to do what they think he would want. Now it is run by people who just want to be rich and control everything we do. I am a Christian and I’m sticking to it. If you disagree, guess what, I could care less. Sue me, I’ll just laugh and go to jail. I am telling the truth because everyone else is too scared to.