A Change for the Better

Samantha - Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
Themes: change

A Change for the Better

Have you ever moved before? If you have you probably know what kind of confusing feelings go along with the moving process. This past summer I moved from North Carolina to Pennsylvania and I went through a multitude of perplexing emotions. I was angry and depressed and extremely disagreeable. I didn’t understand why I had to move. Why couldn’t I stay in North Carolina in my house with my friends and my LIFE? It made no sense to me that we were completely uprooting ourselves and planting seed elsewhere and it definitely didn’t seem fair.

However, after arriving in Pennsylvania and setting up our lives, I realized that my negative reaction to moving was ridiculous. Moving from one place to another didn’t mean the end of one life and the start of a new one, it just meant the continuation of my life in a different environment. New opportunities have arisen here that I never would have had in North Carolina. I have met new friends that have embraced me without judging, like I had feared people would.

Because of the move, I believe that change is essentially good. Change brings excitement into people’s lives. It can be as small a change as a new haircut or as big a change as a new house, or even a new country. Change can wake you up. You can learn from change. In my case, I learned that getting to attached to the same routine and the same environment can hold you back from discovering wonderful new people and places.

So don’t be afraid of change. Instead, embrace a change in your lifestyle or your daily routine, because you never know what kind of new experiences it will bring.