I Believe in Hope

Stephen - Kingsport, Tennessee
Themes: hope

I believe in hope. Hope is what lies down deep in our hearts and souls. That feeling of “what if.” That thought of “maybe.” Hope for me equals possibilities. When life takes its wicked turns, and we fall into pits of despair, Hope is there to pull us back up and keep us on the straight and narrow. When I was ten years old, I found what gives me hope. I found hope in a man that once roamed this earth. He gave me such an uplifting feeling, once I got to know him. Everyday since, I have my hope. No matter how bad my day has been, I can think of him and I can just keep on keeping on. This man’s name need not be said, but I also figured out once you have your hope, it never leaves. There is always that glimmer of hope, when we go through those rough times in our lives. Hope knows no racial, gender ethical, or cultural boundaries. It comes to those who need it, and need that little extra “umph” to get through the day. Your hope is your own. Everyone has that little special something, their own bliss, that they think about achieving. Hope can branch out into many possibities. Hope of world peace. Hope of a brighter future. This miraculous thing knows no bounds. Have you ever heard someone say that something is hopeless. It is my belief that if something is hopeless, it doesn’t exist. If something is that way then what is the point of trying to salvage it. Though my experiences may differ from others, I can just about garauntee everybody has hope. Life is just full of opportunities to find it for ourselves. We just have to go out and take whats ours. Thiss subject reigns true in the hearts and souls of all. Some people like to hide their hopes, lock them away from everyone. Not mine. I share with you these feelings I have of hope, in hopes of finding your own,and in This I Believe.