Everyone Deserves to be Loved

Mary - Gibsonia, Pennsylvania

Everyone has seen it happen. It can be so slight but so hurtful. Does that cruel person really know who I am? When they criticize me or even pass me and give me a glare that makes me feel like I’m worthless, I just can’t stand it. There is no one that is known to this day that can read my mid as well as God and I, so why are they doing this to me? I believe that everyone should be shown kindness and compassion, because they do not know what is really going on.

All people have some sort of fear or a disturbance that troubles them or makes them feel uncomfortable. Other people may see this person at a bad time, when he comes into contact with his fear, and they will blindly judge them for his fear. The person criticizing may not even know why that person has that particular fear. For example, I have a fear of germs that do not belong to me, so I do not like to come into close contact with people at school, especially people I do not know very well. And, people make fun of me for it. Just the other day, I was told to “grow up.” This remark made me feel cold inside because it was not even from someone I do not know that well; it was from a friend. I then thought why I should care? He does not know why I have that fear, he can’t see into my mind, and he is not me.

What I believe should happen is probably what many others say they believe, but they do not carry out the task of pure kindness daily. When someone shares a story like I did, they say, “Oh my God how could someone be so mean.” Meanwhile, earlier that day, they were just as hurtful.