Music

Emily - Wexford, Pennsylvania

Music. Above all things, I believe in music. Loud, soft, rap, country, rock. All of it tells a story or a lesson. Through music, we can learn what a heart yearns for. Through music we can understand exactly how a person feels. Through music we can connect to each other.

It seems as though music brings people together more than almost anything. Many people connect with each other because they have similar taste in music. Picture yourself standing in a crowd of 200 people or so. Every person in the vicinity has their eyes glued towards the stage. The performers facing the audience begin to play an upbeat, high energy melody. Immediately the entire crowd is lost in a whirl of dancing, jumping, screaming, and singing. The entire room gives off a free feeling, a feeling that the audience is like one big family, as if they all knew each other for years. In a situation such as this, you can’t help but feel immediately and completely connected with every person in the room. They all have a common interest with you, how could you not feel connected?

In my opinion, some of the greatest quotes of all time have come directly from a song. One perfect example is “All You Need is Love” by the Beatles. The title itself is incredibly and beautifully poetic. Song lyrics can match a person’s emotions perfectly. Personally, the best way I can ever explain the way I’m feeling is to describe a song with lyrics identical to what I’m thinking. Songs can even change your emotion at the drop of a pin. An upbeat song make you turn from sadness to happiness. Listening to calming music such as John Mayer or Jack Johnson can put one in a mellow, relaxed mood. And other songs can cause tears to instantly flow.

Music, to me, means everything. The most beautiful sound in the world is music. I couldn’t live without it. Music has been in my life ever since I can remember. I can’t imagine going a day without it. Music is my world. This I believe.