John - Gibsonia, Pennsylvania

The Need

Feed the Need. It’s what the adrenaline junkie screams as he jumps out of a plane with his parachute cord in hand. It’s what the baseball star proclaims as he hits his third home run for the game. It’s what the heroin addict states just before he tears a hole in his plump flesh. Feeding the need has driven many to do exciting, adventurous things, as well as some not so great. But whether it’s good or bad, these kinds of people all have one thing in common. They have a need. But first they had to find the need.

Find the Need. Literally speaking the need is something you require to live. It could be something that drives you, or something that feeds an addiction. Either way a need is an essential part of every person’s life. I wandered around the first seventeen years of my life living without a need. No drugs, no hobbies, no adventures, just me. I floated along. As paradoxical as it sounds my “need” at this time was finding a need.

Live the Need. Everything changed when I hit senior year. My life was full of needs. Money fueled me and drove me. Friends drove me. Friends made my life more adventurous and fun. Everything was turning around. I was living. I was experiencing life with new eyes. I was on the brink of discovering my need.

Love the Need. The people around me seemed to grow more friendly as the days went on. I was enjoying everything. Holidays came and went and everything just seemed to fall into place. I may have not known what my need was but I was loving it. I was living life and loving it. I even tried skydiving. That was fun. Hmmm…fun

Find it, Live it, Love it, Feed it. I found my need. Fun was my need; my life nectar. I had to do nothing more than to kick back and enjoy. Enjoy everything. I lived it, I LOVED it. I lived my life to the funnest. And now from day to day life, from the time I wake up till the time I go to bed I will feed my need. Feed MY need.