Stefanie - Gisonia, Pennsylvania

I believe in imagination. Imagine being on an island where the water is all different shades of blue turning from aqua to navy as you look out further. Dolphins are jumping in the distance. The sun is setting with blends of reds, oranges, and purples in the sky. Anything and everything you want is there. Everything is perfect. Isn’t it wonderful?

Imagination allows for dreaming and wishing. Imagination allows for magic and fairy tales. Where would we be without imagination? When we think of that word, we mostly think of young children playing pretend and having their imaginary friends, or at least I do, but why is that? Why is it that little kids are the ones with the greatest imaginations? They can take anything small and useless and turn it into something magnificent. As we get older, the tendency to use our imagination seems to fade away. Of course adults still use their imaginations, but not as vividly as children. People are creative, but most people don’t play pretend. Adults don’t usually act as if they are superheroes like little kids, but wouldn’t that be fun? Adults have created so many different technological devices, such as video games using their creativity, but I still don’t think that those people use their imagination enough. The mind is so complex and we should take advantage of the mind power that we have.

Children go through the young stage in their life without a care. They live stress-free. They play pretend. I believe that everyone should take the time to imagine and play pretend. Our imagination is something that is ours and only ours. No matter what, no one can take that from us. The truth is, we live in a stressful world, and maybe we could all escape that sometimes using our own little gadget we call the mind. We can all dream. I love to dream. I would never want to go on with life without dreaming because dreaming gives me something to strive for and I can pretend that I’m living my dream, if only for a second, to add more flavor to my life. Children are onto something when they live in their imaginary world. They can go there without a care and forget everything else around them. Everyone should take advantage of the mind they have and use it to its full capacity, even if it does seem silly. I challenge you to use your imagination to create your dream world, something different than the idea I gave to you. Be you own person and be creative. Think of something crazy that shows who you are. Pretend you are there and go wherever your heart desires, into that wonderful escape. Be that superhero you have always wanted to be, if only for a second.