Random Act

Anthony - Gibsonia, Pennsylvania

The other day my friend and I got the opportunity to go to the Pitt football game. We were very excited to go, but there was just one thing. We didn’t know since we’re fairly new drivers where we were going to park or how we were going to be able to handle the downtown football game traffic. As we pulled out of our fourth rejected parking garage we were at a four-way intersection when a random lady came up to us and asked us if we wanted one of her extra parking passes. Overwhelmed with relief and joy I took it. I believe that we should all have to participate in a random act of kindness in our life, as it will not only affect just you.

Not only was I overjoyed at the notion of being able to find parking, but I think that the lady knowing that she was able to help someone was pretty happy also. Whenever you commit a random act of kindness it can range from helping an old lady out to her car or by giving a kid twenty five cents for a gumball then you feel a sense of accomplishment. Whenever the random act of kindness happens there is a great feeling that sweeps over you because you know that you’ve just helped someone and all you had to do was something small. Whenever you receive an act of kindness well then it’s almost better because it’s nice to know that someone would go out of their way to do something nice for you. In today’s world it’s hard to find some generous people so when you do you sort of feel like there’s still hope.

Hopefully one day everyone will be able to grasp this concept, and there will be too many acts of kindness to go around. If you were to take a poll of 100 people I bet that all of them would agree with me on this no matter what they believe in. I believe that by doing this you will be able to make the world a better place, but that, is what I truly wish for.