My First Ride

Nick - Gibsonia, Pennsylvania

The first time you ride a rollercoaster you are nervous and you don’t know what to expect. You get on the ride and before you know it you are off. Up and down you go flying down and up hills. For some people riding a rollercoaster the first time is the most fun thing in the world for others it is an aweful time and they just can’t wait for it to end. I believe that life is like a rollercoaster there are the good times and the bad times, but you continue to ride it anyways.

When I was younger I was not ready to accept walking onto the rollercoaster and going for a ride. I was scared and nervous, but after riding it for the first time I thought it was the best thing ever. People’s opinions change about things over time when they become older and mature. I believe even if you are scared to do something and you think something bad might happen try it for all you know it may be your best friend. You can’t judge things with your eyes you got to experience it before you can know what it is. My friend when he rode a rollercoaster the first thing he said when he was getting on was I’m scared, I’m scared, then on the way down the first hill I heard him shouting with fun and joy in his eyes. The next part I will never forget he took a couple steps off the rollercoaster and said “I don’t feel very good”, next thing you know he puked everywhere, but he still wanted to continue riding the rollercoaster because he was having fun.

I believe that because of riding that rollercoaster for the first time I started having fun at theme parks instead of being frightful of them. I looked forward going to them and because of the first experience I had with the rollercoaster it made me realize maybe I could be friends with some of the kids I thought were different or I thought were different from me. That first step on the rollercoaster who could have thought it would have affected me in such a positive way. I am so happy that I rode that rollercoaster for the first time.