Have Fun In Life

Jack - Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
Themes: carpe diem

Have Fun in Life

On Sunday, my soccer team played our last game of our season. It was against the other team from our school, so everyone on both of the teams was really competitive and really determined to win. Both teams fought hard and really battled it out, but they scored on us just before the end of the first half. We came back, though, at the beginning of the second half when I lobbed the ball right in front of the net, and another member of my team deflected it in, just over the goalie’s head. No one else managed to get a goal, so the game ended one to one. Obviously, none of us were satisfied that our final game against a rival team ended in a tie, so we all decided we wanted to have a penalty shootout to decide a winner, and because having a shootout is really fun to be a part in and is an enjoyable way to end a strong season. At the end, my team had scored two out of four penalty shots, while the other team had scored two out of five. It was all up to one of our players to make the last shot, and win us the game. He placed it in the upper right hand of the net, while the goalie dived too low. So we ended up winning the shootout with three goals to two, and had a lot of fun doing it. The point of this story is that you should always try to have fun in life while you can. For us, it was going out with a bang at the end of our season, and having fun as a team, for you, it could be something as minor or as major as you want it to be. You could enjoy yourself seeing a movie with your friends or with going on an extravagant vacation, as long as you have fun doing it, you should go for it. To sum it all up, you should always enjoy yourself and have fun as much as you can, before the opportunity is over.