Religion: Everyone Has A Choice

Logan - Park Hills, Missouri

I believe that everyone should have their own choice in religion. Religion is a very important subject to many of people all over the world, and, to some, means as much as life or death. To others, religion is simply a choice on whether they go to church or not. Everyone is born into a family that belongs to a certain type of religion; whether it is Christian, Muslim, or Atheism.

There are many different religions in our world today. For example, in the Bahamas, there are six different types of religions. In the United States, there are over hundreds of different religions, ranging from Atheism to Zionism. In every part of the world, there are different kinds of religions, no matter if they believe in a type of savior or not. From what I believe, everyone should deserve to take their own choice in their personal decision.

With religion, there are many different categories you may be labeled under. For instance, your father may be a Baptist while your mother is a Methodist. You are then labeled either a Baptist or a Methodist, depending on what you choose. Also, people can choose how and when to worship. If I were Methodist, I could go to church every Sunday, take communion, and be baptized as a Methodist. It’s your choice what religion that you choose to praise God.

Many religions were created by or because of certain events in history. One main example of this is Christianity. With Christianity, members believe in two saviors; God and Jesus. As stated in the Holy Bible, God told Jesus to die on the cross for the world’s sins. Jesus was then nailed to the cross; his wrists nailed separate, but his legs crossed and nailed. This is why Christianity has its name; after Jesus Christ.

My belief is only what I believe and what I believe only. In the United States of America, we have many freedoms. In the United States Constitution, it claims we have the “Freedom of Religion”. If you belonged to another country and was told that you had to be Islam, wouldn’t you miss your freedoms to choose your own religion? Yes. Use this to your advantage, then, and choose your own personal religion!