Is Life Fair?

Kyle - Park Hills, Missouri

I believe that life is far from being fair. There are some situations to which you have no control over, and the outcome of those situations are completely against you when they shouldn’t be. On some cases, you don’t even know that some situations are there until you become affected by their outcome.

One subject that I think isn’t fair is school. Students are supposed to go to school every single day or else they will go to juvenile or something for missing too many days. I believe that students should choose weather or not they should go to school. If somebody wants to mess up their life and suffer, we should let them. It’s their choice and it’s none of our business to make someone do something they don’t want to do. And if we must go to school, we should not have to do “algebraic expressions” or whatever. We’re not even going to use that stuff. Sophomores can make it in the real world, so why should we spend another two years of our lives to learn stuff that we are not going to use?

Another issue is crime. Do you think it would be fair if somebody broke into a priest’s house and stole all his stuff? On Cold Case Files, they showed a guy who was sentenced to life in prison for murder. He was arrested for seventeen years when they re-opened his case and found out he was innocent. That is not fair. He spent seventeen years of his life he will never get back. Would it be fair if someone broke into your house and murdered your family? But its okay, it’s only fair right?

Is it fair that the kids always steal the rabbits Trix? Why can’t they just give him some cereal? It is his cereal in the first place! That’s like stealing. Is it fair that the coyote can’t catch the roadrunner? The roadrunner is always doing stuff that is impossible to do but the coyote can’t. Is it fair that 50 Cent got shot nine times and lived but Tupac Shakur got shot four times and died? Is it fair that kids in Africa have to run around naked or barefooted to their worthless homes? They deserve homes and clothing more than the criminals here in America do but they don’t get it. Life is just not fair.

If I haven’t shown you that life is not fair, then you can just think what you want. But when you tell your momma that something is not fair, I hate to say I told you so. All in all, life is pretty much unfair. Some good things happen to you and some bad things happen to you, but when you die and look back at life, it won’t be totally fair.