Individuality

Rachel - Wexford, Pennsylvania

Individuality

I’m sure everyone has been in the situation when you’re walking down the hall and you see a group of people looking at you up and down and immediately start whispering about you. Practically everyone has been in the situation of being judged one time or another. In high school and middle school there always are a group of people that seem just perfect. A lot of people especially in their teenage years feel pressure to be exactly like everyone else by shopping at the same places, acting the same way, and looking exactly like the “popular crowd”. I believe that individuality makes us who we are. Individuality is the most beautiful quality a person can poses in my opinion.

I don’t understand why people want to be like other people. IN today’s society, many people try so many ways to look just like a celebrity or the “popular” person in school. Half of the time, the “popular” crowd really isn’t that cool. They end up being bad influences and really aren’t what they seem. The reason people like you is for your individuality and unique personality. If we all tried to be like everyone else life would just become plain boring, because we would all end up trying to be like one another. Trying new activities and being who you really are makes you a beautiful person on the inside. I think that the coolest thing a person can do is be the one who wears the craziest outfit to school or dyes their hair pink. Making a statement and standing out from others is the most desirable quality in a person.

The next time you are walking down the hall, and take a look at the popular people, don’t think about how you can look like them. Think how you can be not like them. Let your individuality set you apart from others, and be who you are.