Power of Friendship

Jordan - Homewood, Illinois

I believe in the power of friendship.

Friend: one attached to another by affection. To me that tiny definition does not even begin to explain what friendship means to me. Friends are the single most important people to me. They are my family, my reason for existence, my happiness, my everything.

Friends and family are very different. My family will always be there when I need them. I cannot pick my family; therefore, I can never get away from them. They are people I can always count on them and I know they will always love me. Friends are the people I run to for help, for guidance, for everything under the sun. I can easily say they are my backbone, they are the people who keep me sane. Without them my life would be very different.

Like most eighteen year old girls I have a best friend. She is my other half, my “sister from another mister” as the saying goes. It was eighth grade when we became really good friends. It all started quickly, we instantly became inseparable, we were involved in all the same clubs and had all the same friends. Then high school rolled around, things in our lives changed, I developed my own interest as she did hers, we each found our own little niche, but our friendship was stronger than ever. We had our “famous sleepovers” where we would tell each other anything and everything, we would laugh until the wee hours of the morning, both of us knowing we were in good company. She is one of the easiest people to be around, and I knew being myself would not be a problem. I knew if I did something dumb she would laugh along with me and we would joke about it later.

I love my friends, each and every one of them. Friends are people I can be absolutely ridiculous around and know that they will not judge me, but join in on my crazy escapades. My best friend is the type of person who if I am having a problem at two o’clock in the morning I can call her and she will answer and talk to me

Having a friend is too good an experience to pass up, having people I can laugh with, having people I know genuinely care about me is by far the best feeling in the entire world.