Laura - Evansville, Indiana

I used to think that nothing life changing would ever happen to me like moving away or a family member dying. Boy was I wrong. In 1999, my dad received an offer for a job in Princeton at Pioneer Hi-Bred Intl. He took it and for a while he was living in an apartment down in Princeton, but of course with their being four of us, we had to move down there also.In 2000, our whole family moved down to Evansville and set up home there. This was hard at first, but then became obvious it was for the better. Evansville has been a great place to live for eight years and we go to the most amazing church! God knew what he was doing in this instance but I am still trying to figure out the next big moment in my life.Earlier this year on May 7, 2008 my father passed away very suddenly. That day was bad from the start, I had woken up late and my mom had to take me to school, so I was about oh, 50-60 minutes late. Then, I get a call to come down to the attendance office. I find a church family member there to take me to the hospital. I was expecting the worst because my dad had been ill the night before. My mother, my sister and I were sitting in this nice little sitting room in the hospital and the doctor comes in. He says the three words that I never want to hear: “He is deceased.” That was like a knife being put through my heart. Never would I have imagined that something as horrible as that would ever happen to me. I still depend on God with all my heart, but I just do not understand. I know he will give an answer someday.My lesson in these situations is that you can never underestimate life. It is important to be prepared for anything and always keep the people/items/anything that you hold dear close to your heart.