Todd - Newport, North Carolina

My definition of faith is a strong belief in something generally with little to no proof to base said belief on. Religion is where I see glaring of baseless faith most often. I am not atheist or agnostic, I am simply undecided. I admire people with faith and with a belief structure, I was raised Christian but growing up I started to question the word of God and so I lost my religion looking back I truly do not believe that I have ever had faith in religion or in God. I admire anyone who can hear a sermon by a man interpreting a book written long before anyone in the room was born and believe every word and be moved by what is said. I have a problem with religion, my problem is that in most religions people who do not share your religious belief are said to be blasphemous and wicked and mostly are treated with intolerance instead of trying to understand the other person’s religion. I do not like religion because most religious people are close minded to any way but their own. I try and learn about all the religions when I meet someone with a religion I am unfamiliar with, because I do not believe that it is what you have faith in but that it is you have faith in something. There lies another problem for me because as I stated before I do not have faith. I think this because I do not think anyone religion is more or less right than any other religion except for scientology which looking at it is simply and utterly dumb. I apologize to any scientologists who read this and I apologize for contradicting myself but there is faith and there is stupidity and if you are not a scientologist then I guess you know which one I think scientology is based on. In all fairness I even envy them because even with absolutely no basis for faith they still have it. So if you have faith good for you, just look at other people’s religion and try to understand their views. If you are like me and are undecided do the same and find something you agree with.