I believe everyone should play a sport

Kevin - Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
Themes: sports

I believe that every single kid should play a sport no matter whether they have a disability or if they are a boy a girl. Sports can be very important in kids developing as mature adults and also having a very healthy life-style. I don’t care if it is chess, baseball, football, volleyball, or skating. Kids meet other kids and everyone can always find a friend, all they have to do is be their self. As a strong believer of this, when I was a kid I played football, baseball, and basketball, meeting some of my best friends along the way. It doesn’t matter if you’re good or not just if you’re having fun while you’re doing it. Many kids see how good the pro’s are and that they hardly make a mistake. When these kids see these they never think they will be very good at all. That’s where this all goes wrong. Who cares if you’re good?

One year I was sure I was one of worst player’s on the team, but I practiced and had fun. After that I was playing as good as anyone on the team, and no one cared who the worst player on the team was. We went all the way to the championship and that was one of the best years of baseball I’ve ever had. At that point, I had never received a trophy, and at the party at the end of the year I got the “Most Improved Player” award. I still remember that moment, and I will never forget it for the rest of my life.

This is a reason why you should always stick with a sport no matter what, unless of course, you are not having any fun. The best thing to do is not worry what people think about you and go out on the field and play your heart out! That’s when your team will succeed because sports are a team game, no matter what you are playing. So if you’re listening to this right now go out and play as many sports as you can!