God and Salvation

Dillon - Federal Dam, Minnesota
Themes: Christianity

Salvation and God

Until about two summers ago I had really never known god, I mean I went to youth group, church, Sunday school, Kids Club, the works, learned about god, Jesus, the bible, everything, but I never really knew god. I talked to the guys at our youth group, understood everything at church but never really took Jesus as an actual person.

It was two years ago in august that our youth group was going to go to a Bible Camp. The camps name was Grace and Truth bible Camp, and it was a pretty cool place. Got a cabin with my friends, the food was good; they had a water trampoline, Basket Ball court, and lots of other stuff. I also made some new friends, and had a good time. It was a really good place.

But you have to remember that this was a bible camp, and we spent like four hours a day at lessons and stuff like that. They would preach, some would stick, other stuff wouldn’t, but I started reading the New Testament when they were talking. I actually got most of what I learned from the bible, not from their sermons. It made me think of how god did this stuff, if he really did it or if it was just some unexplained natural oddity or something like that. It made me half believe half doubt that god existed, and that Jesus was a person, and all that stuff. But after Genesis, Exodus, Mathew, Luke, John, Revelation, I came to accept god as real, Jesus as real, and all the other Jazz.

On the last day, something in the evening sermon stuck. It was just something that I’ve heard before, but never really thought of. It was basically that Jesus died on the cross for my sins, and that Jesus loves me. I thought about that for a moment, and then all of a sudden I thought “Jesus loves me.” And I got this kind of religious high for a few hours. It was really strange and weird but it was great.

I knew I had reached salvation because I have placed all my faith in Jesus Christ my lord, and I bet if I was preaching this to someone who hasn’t or will not they will call me crazy, or stupid or something like that. But I believe that there is a god, and that Jesus died for me. And if you totally resent the thought of there being a god, I’m sorry you think that way.