Halloween

Haley - Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
Themes: setbacks

Halloween….It’s is the time of the year that you get to go around to people’s houses asking them for candy. It’s a time of the year when you can be whoever or whatever you want and no body can or will question why. This is an incredible time of year for many the only downside to this holiday is that all students have to be in school. We get off school for holidays that I (and many other students) don’t even know what they are. But we don’t get off school for the one holiday that EVERY single child and young adult in America celebrates. I believe that all schools should get off school for Halloween and the day after Halloween.

Unless Halloween falls on a Saturday or a Sunday or there is a weather condition schools are always in on Halloween. Why? Schools get off for almost every other holiday, why not Halloween. Halloween is the one holiday that every family celebrates alike. Children go trick-or-treating and get free candy. Why not let the students off school on this day too?

They day after Halloween should be given off school also, it is always hard to get up the next morning and go to school after a night of trick-or-treating. Yeah, there is a set time that trick-or-treaters are supposed to be in but many go to parties after trick-or-treating and if they are not at a party they are defiantly not asleep because of eating all of the delicious candy that they got. Students would be grateful to have the day after Halloween off.

Why not give students Halloween and the first of November off? Students and adults would benefit from it. I believe that schools should give students off Halloween and the day after.