The World in a Different Light

Madeleine - Wexford, Pennsylvania

I love the movie The Wizard of OZ. Whenever I watch it a smile appears on my face and a song comes into my heart. It’s very whimsical and I greatly enjoy every moment of the exciting adventure. One of my absolute favorite parts in the movie is when Dorothy, the main character, finally gets over the rainbow by way of a twister. Before this occurrence in the film Dorothy, seems very depressed in her boring Kansas home and this sadness is shown by the black and white haze on the screen. However, when she opens the door of her home after the twister instead of seeing black and white we see a large array of colors pop on to the screen. It communicates to me that seeing the world in a different light can make all the difference in your life and how you feel.

I believe that people should see the world in color instead of black and white. When you look at any situation in a positive way I believe the situation does get just a little bit better. No matter what experience you are going through in your life allowing it to happen with out fighting it and accepting the experience with a positive attitude will make all the difference.

Singing is one of my favorite things to do but when I get an opportunity to sing for a group of people and I don’t feel like it soon I begin to loathe singing. As I look at the situation I saw a positive quality in the condition I was in. I realized that if I took advantage of the opportunity many other doors may open because of the one petty performance. Suddenly the situation I was becoming better and I jubilantly prepared for the event.

Not only does looking at the world in color make experiences more enjoyable but makes you a more likeable person. I find out that if you aren’t complaining all the time about things then people will gravitate toward your good nature.

People who look at things positively and in color rather than black and white can always see life as pleasurable which makes those around them in high spirits and their life a whole lot superior.