Live Your Life to the Fullest

Jacqueline - Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
Themes: carpe diem

Live Your Life to the Fullest

I believe that everyone should enjoy the little things in life. If people pass them up just to take life at a faster pace, then they are passing up the special moments in life. Some of my fondest memories are just the little everyday things.

Every summer, my grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins all stay in a beach house in Delaware. I always enjoy spending time with my two favorite cousins, Alena and Anna, who were adopted from Russia almost 4 years ago. My favorite memory from the beach is one that happened two years ago. My Aunt Barbie, who is Anna and Alena’s adoptive mom, asked me to bring Anna for a walk on the beach. I sort of thought of this as a duty because Anna was really young at the time and she liked to run a lot, especially after cute dogs. As we were walking along the edge of the water, she grabbed my hand with her cute little 4-year-old fingers and told me that I was her favorite cousin.

A memory so simple as this one brings me a lot of happiness and I think that everyone should be able to enjoy moments like this at some point in their life. When you take time to enjoy the little things, you appreciate other people more and the way that they can affect your life. That simple walk made me realize how important family is and that the little things really do hold importance.

What might seem little to you could really make a big difference to someone else. My sister recently shared with me that when I braid her hair or do something with her, it really matters to her. I used to look at things like that as small things in my everyday life, but when my sister shared with me that they are important to her, they started to matter to me as well. I believe that everyone should enjoy the little things in life because you never know whom they matter to or what they will make you think about. The next time something “little” happens to you, I challenge you to think about it in a larger than life way because you never know who or how it could affect you.