Effort – The Way of Success

Christopher - Wexford, Pennsylvania
Themes: work

I believe that success is the outcome of effort. I realized this when I have heard the stories of my parents’ lives, about 2 years ago. It started when my dad told me that he was the one who tried hard in school. He said that he got all A’s and B’s throughout high school, and he put much effort in his work. He ended up making it to a great college and earning enough money to support a family. His brothers, on the other hand, did not put as much effort into school as he did. One of his brothers did try during school and did well. His other brother goofed off all day and got C’s and D’s in school. One of his brothers ended up dropping out of college, and the other made it through college but continues to slack off. The one who made it through college had a job as a police man, but got injured one year, and never got back to getting another job after quitting as a police man.

These stories of my family have really helped me to try in school. Realizing that school determines the way you live, I know that success is worth the effort. I know that as long as I try as hard as I can and put as much effort into school as possible, then I can become successful like my parents.

I hope that I can help people notice the importance of school. I know that slacking off in school now may seem fun, and you can do whatever you want, but I also know that they won’t be having fun as adults. Those people who don’t try in school might even end up homeless. I hope that people realize that they need to put effort into things to make something of their lives, or else they will never enjoy their lives. I also realize that if you do try hard in school and you get good grades, you can always be happy in life, and you can live a life of success. Therefore, effort is the way of success.