I Am, because I Believe…

Marti - Westminster, Colorado

There is wonder in the voice of a giggling gurgling baby, fresh from a morning bath and an amazing sense of heart in the great big slurp of my dog’s tongue across my face in unconditional adoration. Happiness is the expansiveness of great friends who make me laugh, and can finish my sentences, which includes my best friend and loving partner who is unwavering in commitment and support. This I believe…

There is no such thing as a “job” if I live my life each day in wonderment and awe, and realize each moment I can take a breath is more important than the hope for a better tomorrow. The many shiny things I once dreamed about are really just for comfort and entertainment, versus any thoughts I may have believed were something I need. This I believe…

When I listen for that still small voice that resides in my heart and head, I can follow it or make a choice for darkness. There are choices to be made in every moment, and in those individual moments I alone am responsible for the outcome. We are all born of greatness and love, which provides the choice in how I give it expression. This I believe…

Wisdom changes our perspective. It is the light peering through the clouds on a rainy day, and the awareness that my greatest joy comes from giving and receiving from a place of respect, kindness and love. Meditation and prayer are my safe place to retreat when I have forgotten who I really am. This I believe…

My true safety lies in my vulnerability to those I love, which is all of mankind. My faith, friendships, partnerships, acquaintances, choices and even indiscretions have made me the person I am today. All of this I believe…fully and completely.