Living My Life to the Fullest

Marissa - Clarkson, Nebraska
Themes: carpe diem

Living My Life to the Fullest

Why do we let others control us? Why do we worry so much? I believe that we should live our lives to our fullest potential. Living like that may seem hard but these four ideals can help.

Ideal #1: I can live to my fullest potential if I don’t let others hold me back. Receiving criticism doesn’t bother me, but I don’t want people to tell me what I can’t do. A step in living a full life is to do what makes you happy. Other peoples’ opinions shouldn’t matter. I know some people didn’t want me to be in basketball or track because I wasn’t the all start athlete, but participated because playing those sports was fun. I love not caring what other people think.

Ideal #2: I can live to my fullest potential if I have confidence in myself. If I don’t believe I can then what’s the point. Being the captain of a team you need confidence. I can admit that I have not had confidence in myself. In our first volleyball game, I started and I was scared out of my mind. How could I possibly know that I could go out there and smack the ball into the floor like shooting a hole through a wall? I didn’t believe that was my problem. As games have passed I now have that inner confidence that I can go out there smack the ball to win the game. Confidence is the key.

Ideal #3: I can live to my fullest potential if I live with no regrets. Granted at time I have regretted what I said or my actions. During a volleyball game I have regretted going for a certain ball, but we ended up getting a point off of it. Why would I regret that? It made no sense. But our lives don’t have to make sense; we just have to make sense out of them. “Think before you speak.” By living with no regrets I do stop and think, if I do this will I affect my life in a positive way or will it totally change it.

Ideal #4: I can live to my fullest potential if I make amazing memories. Having fun and remembering is a great way to live. Why don’t people want to remember all of the great times they have had. I’m living my life the way I want to and all of the memories will live on with me. I don’t have to forget my last year of volleyball or the day I graduate. Some things people don’t want to remember but don’t regret it, just embrace the good from that memory. There is good in everything and everyone, sometimes you just have to search for it.

You only live once so “Live like it’s you last day, dance like no one is watching, sing like no one is listening, live like it’s heaven on earth.-Purkey William