I Believe in Being a Kid

Kayliegh - Arvada, Colorado
Themes: children

The best remedy for a successful life lies within our childhood. There we learn the necessary fundamentals, and experience the greatest joys life has to offer us. But unfortunately, many of us become misguided from these lessons, and are thrown right into adulthood. All is not lost however; the key to re-awaken this power is down the path of honesty and truth. By walking this path, I have had a life-changing revelation, and am now able to live the life that I always intended to.

If it’s one thing society is good for, it’s shutting away the right to grow up naturally. The result of this “unhealthy” habit leaves people feeling insecure about many things throughout their lifetime, and forces them to lock away feelings that should never have to be suppressed. But when honesty plays a roll in life, everything becomes a lot easier to deal with, and to do. Although at first things can seem a little embarrassing (like telling someone you like the most unpopular music), eventually it evens out, and people actually start to admire the trait of spoken truth. When I found the light of truth, I felt like I didn’t have to hide myself anymore. I didn’t care what others thought of me, or if I would be ridiculed; I began to feel happier and more like the self I had locked away this entire time.

The self I had kept a secret was that of a carefree and loving child. Even though I’m technically a legal adult, I am still very much a child in my heart and my soul. But being a child even in adult years is by far nothing to be ashamed of. Sure there’s a time and place to be the responsible grown-up, but if that’s how everyone is all the time, then life is no fun at all. If we as adults can learn from the lessons of childhood, then maybe everyone can live the dream they have always wanted, and make the world a happier place. So spread the word today, and keep on being a kid!