Everything happens for a reason

Alyssa - Springdale, AR 72762

“I have to go to the bathroom,” I told my mom. She gave me a suspicious look, but let me go. I’m not allowed to be on my phone while we are out eating as a family. But I just have to make one quick call, I thought to myself. I’ll just go to the bathroom, hide in a stall, make the call, and come right back out. It sounded like a pretty good plan at the time, and I was feeling pretty sneaky when I went to the stall. But as I reached in my back pocket for my phone, everything took a turn for the worst. SPLASH!!!

I believe everything that happens has a reason or purpose behind it. Whether it is something amazing and wonderful that happened or something that was so terrible you think nothing good can come out of this experience, there is always a reason. When I dropped my phone in the toilet, I realized this is going to teach me a lesson. The lesson I learned was to never put my phone in my back pocket and go near water with it.

When something happens, it also might have a consequence. My phone was completely messed up. The keys didn’t work, the screen was black all the time, and it did random stuff on its own. When my mom took it to the AT&T store, it was twenty-five dollars just to clean it! Then it was sixty-five dollars for the actual repairs. So I spent my weekend cleaning the house, doing dishes, and baby sitting to work off ninety dollars and the trouble my mom went through to get my phone repaired. I was also grounded for lying and trying to be sneaky.

Aside from consequences, when something happens it gives you something to look back and laugh at. At the moment, I was terrified that I wouldn’t have a phone. But now that it is fixed, I look back and laugh at the fact that I could let something so stupid even happen.

That is why I believe that everything happens for a reason. Because even if something awful and horrible happens, there is always a purpose behind it.