I believe sports are Important

Shelden - 72762, Arkansas
Themes: sports

I believe Sports are Important

To have something like sports in my life is very important to me. They can help keep you healthy and they are fun. Sports help keep you or make you stay physically active and fit.

I started playing basketball about three years ago. I was kind of short and thin, but I wasn’t in the best shape, sure I Played at home and with friends, but this was the first time I could actually play on a team.

When I started out, ill tell you the truth, I was horrible. I could not make a shot. As I progressed in getting better and active in basketball skills.

Now that I am at Central Junior High School, I play for the eighth grade football team. It might be my first year, but I get better everyday. At first I didn’t really like getting hit, or better you even hitting people. Now that I have gotten better at it I love to tackle people and to rune the ball. Sometimes I also enjoy getting hit by others.

When I came into this league, I could already tell that I was not ready. This was my first year and the running was tough. It made me all sweaty and after a while it was hard for me to get air. I would almost always be in the back or having to stop to catch my breath every few minutes. As the year went on I got to be better at it. I became faster than I have ever been in my life. Once I started to run more I also became more in shape which also helped me to run faster. I lost most of my fat and began to get a lot more muscle.

Not that the season is almost over and we only have two more games left, it is starting to be one of the easiest parts of practice. Although I am not a starter, I am working my hardest and becoming closer everyday. We have gone through the season so far with the record or 6-2. It is one of the best records this school has had so far for the eighth grade team. Our coach says that it is all because we have tried our hardest and we have hustled to every position.

Football and basketball are one of the two most important sports in my life. What sports are important to your life? They help you get into shape and stay that way if you keep at them. Sports give you a lot of energy and it can make you physically fit. I believe in sports the most, do you?