I believe in Peace

Rachel - Cape Carteret, North Carolina

Why must there be so much hate in the world? God created man on this earth to work in harmony with other men. I believe peace should be reached across the world, between all men in every country. I believe God created earth for a better purpose. Why can’t we achieve peace all throughout the world?

Hate causes people to lose faith and to lose hope. Hate causes people to lose faith and to lose hope. Hate causes the loss of friendship, love, and lives. Without hate, disappointment, jealousy, tempers, and so many more negative feelings, mankind could live in harmony. This is something easier stated than accomplished. Hate is a main cause of war. War causes death, pain, and destruction. How do people even plan on survival if everyone just keeps hating, fighting, and killing each other? In the big picture this solves nothing.

God created this earth for people to live peacefully; all we have accomplished is destruction and abuse to this place, this earth created for an entirely different reason. Life would be easier for all if we just stopped the hate an loved one another like originally planned. Imagine a hate-free world, a perfectly harmonious world, you would never get a phone call or message about your loved one dying die to a roadside bomb, or killed in the middle of gunfire. Without hate, death would be due to natural or accidental causes, there would be no wounds intentionally created by another man.

On the contrary, there is a verse in the Bible stating that man would continue to live at war until our lord’s second coming. So what is the point of attempting to stop the hate and fighting? What is the point of sharing with others what I believe if it won’t happen? The answer, in my belief, is that it will happen but absolutely no man will experience it without patience. Just because there will continue to be war doesn’t mean we should start or contribute to these wars, if possible. If these events can be avoided, we should try our best to achieve this goal.

I believe we should try to all extent, with all of the power we have in the matter, to achieve world peace. Knowing that my own holy book states otherwise, should only motivate me to share with others even more. Hope, peace, love faith, and a great amount of other factors will help to go for world peace, but to feel these emotions, we must force hate out of our minds, our bodies and our words. Peace is the best solution of all.