Alternate Energy

Olivia - Emerald Isle, North Carolina
Themes: environment

“This I Believe”

I believe that the United States should be more involved in extensive research in the area of environmental sciences, the finding of clean and sufficient energy sources, and the harvesting of those sources. This research is vital to our nation’s stature as one of the world’s super powers.

At this point in time, our Nation is heavily dependent on fossil fuels as our primary source of energy. This is unhealthy because America lacks these sources at home so we depend on foreign countries to supply the fossil fuels for us. Upon finding an alternate energy source, our economy will strengthen because we will not be so dependent on foreign products. This is one of many advantages of finding an alternate energy source.

Discovering an alternate energy source is not only beneficial to our nation, but also to the world. Fossil fuels are not a renewable resource and the burning of them is terrible for the environment. We have scratched the surface of alternate energy sources such as: wind power, hydro-electric, and solar energy. If we find a way to sufficiently harvest these sources our nation and the world will be in great shape.