Dominic - Emerald Isle, North Carolina
Themes: afterlife

Quoting Benjamin Franklin, “I look upon death to be as necessary to the constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning.” Comparing his secret feelings towards life and death to what he is known for, Franklin creates this analogy to explain personal opinions upon the afterlife. However, reincarnation is more diverse than simply rising again in a new form. Reincarnation is the realization that it is unrelated to atheism and the belief in a point to life, it is the treatment of life and human response in everyday lives, and it is recognition of the seriousness of death and why it should not be taken lightly.

To fully comprehend how reincarnation is accepted, one must first accept the concept that the belief of new life is unconnected to atheism or life without reason. Buddhists have belief in a higher state known as Nirvana, although is not considered a god. Nirvana is the state of being free from both suffering and the cycle of rebirth, meaning that eventually reincarnation ends and there is such thing as belief in it, as well as a heaven, or alternate state of peace. Buddhism and Nirvana is natural proof that just because one believes in life after life, does not mean they are atheist or agnostic, although it could.

The mental state of apprehension causes the human mind to loose sight of the beauties on Earth and the true meaning of life—to take pleasure in it. Fearing death to the point of insanity can potentially and generally does ruin the enjoyment of life and the luxury of living. People who live their lives looking forward to happiness are being blindfolded. True happiness of life comes from the enjoyment and the acceptance of the luxuries on Earth, regardless of the small challenges one might encounter. Ultimately yes, safety and security was reached at the end of the day, but they contemplate whether or not it was worth avoiding life’s pleasures and realize how much better of a day it could and should have been.

In film Dying Days, Julia Cruzer gets away with viricide (murder of one’s husband) but becomes instituted for claiming to have met her ex-husband as somebody else. Disagreeing with previous point-of-views, although one should never be afraid of death and it is significance to live each day as it was their last, the concept and realization of death and disappearance must be grasped. One most realize that, if the belief of reincarnation if present, even though the person that passes away will return to Earth (only in a new body/object), he/she will still never be seen again in the previous form. Death is, and should always be, considered a serious loss.

Reincarnation is ultimately the principle and complete acceptance of one living a new life posthumous. It is unrelated to atheism, encourages the enjoyment of life, and does not state that death should be taken lightly. Reincarnation is not a religion, but an outlook or perspective on life itself.