Music is you

Floyd - Newport, North Carolina

I believe music is the gateway to the soul. You can tell a lot about someone by knowing what kind of music they listen to. Music influences everything in our lives; from the clothes we wear, to the way we carry ourselves in public. For example, someone who listens to rap may dress with the big jackets and skater shoes, while someone who listens to country may wear overalls and work boots.

Music soothes us at our hardest times, and can anger us as well. What you listen to early on in the day can affect how you act the rest of the day because of your mood. Music fuels us during the day, keeping us alert. I, myself, feel most alert when I have a song stuck in my head or am thinking about a song. Thinking about music just drives us.

Do you remember the most powerful moment in your life? Was it associated with music, or have so relevance to music? Most of the time they are, because of the influence and impact music has on our lives.

Many times we remember different events and things such as that with music. For example, whenever we hear anything about Jaws, the movie, we think of the theme from that movie. We hear melodies like that one millions of times in our lifetime, and always associate that melody with that idea or event.

Everyone likes music, whether they admit it or not. Music grabs to that one piece of our soul, and just keeps tugging at it for all of our lifetime. Why not succumb to that tugging and life a lifetime full of music that brings happiness?

Music is like an addictive drug, you can never get enough. Why to do you think they make 120 gigabyte iPods? We hear songs that just connect to us, that bury themselves into our souls to where we cannot get them out. My personal song like that is “No Shoes, No Shirts, No Problems”, because I am a laid back person and love the beach life.

As a music student, I experience this all the time. I can remember themes all the way from my favorite marching band show, to my favorite song I played in eighth grade. The music brings joy, because along with the music comes memories of good times.

I listen to music all the time, and when that is impossible I am thinking about music. Music is my life, and everyone can see that. I walk down the hallway conducting a piece of music that is in my head or that I am singing.

Music shows dedication, as well as many other qualities of your personality. Never be ashamed of your music, because that is what drives you, though it may not drive someone else.

Music lets the world see your passion, no matter what it is, so never be afraid to show it. Music is your friend, treat it as such.