I Believe that Dreams Do Come True

Catherine - Newport, North Carolina

I Believe that Dreams Do Come True

Walt Disney once said, “All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them.” This means that no matter how impossible you may think your dream is, if you decide that you will work hard to make it come true it can happen. Sometimes this requires courage, because you may have to sacrifice a lot of things a long the way. I agree with Walt Disney because it is great to have dreams, but dreams mean nothing if you don’t go after them.

As little children we believed that dreams can come true. We all learned this from the fairy tale stories that we read and watched. Stories like Cinderella, where her fairy godmother who came and rescued her from her evil stepmother and sisters. Cinderella went to the ball, met her prince, fell in love, and lived happily ever after. These kinds of stories taught us to dream big and that happily ever afters were possible.

Once we get older that happily ever after ending seems less and less likely. We become less naïve and see the world for what it really is. We find out that fairy godmothers aren’t real and can’t make our dreams come true. This discourages many people, and they give up on those dreams that they had as children. This really saddens me. I wish that people could see that you don’t have to give up on your dream. Impossible things happen every day. If you just make a plan for yourself and have confidence that you will exceed, you can do it.

Just a little bit of courage is all it takes to make a big difference in your life. Don’t sit around and wait for someone to make it happen for you. No one will work harder for your dream than you will. You have to be the one who realizes that you make whatever you want out of life. You can either go through life wondering what could have happened if you went for your dream, or you can actually go for it and see for yourself. Whatever your dreams is, chase after it with all of your heart and it can happen.