Abigail - Stella, North Carolina
Themes: afterlife

“This I Believe”

I believe that angels and demons are among us. They are watching us like a hawk watches his prey in the evening just as the forest has silenced. However, angels watch out for our protection from the demons themselves. The question of how they got here is simple, God sends angels from heaven to ward off evil spirits and terrifying demons. The idea of demons roaming the Earth, however, is frightening to all of us. According to 1 Peter 5:8 in the Holy Bible, “…the devil walks about the earth like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.” We can infer from this passage that the devil and his “angels”, demons, roam this earth looking for a moment when they can attack you, not just physically but mentally and emotionally too. If there are demons among us, then there must be angels to protect us from their strikes.

Demons are the angels of Satan. Like Satan, they will harm you and make you feel unneeded in other people’s lives, unwanted in your community, and unworthy of living your life. Have you ever felt this way before? I certainly have. I used to wake up in the mornings with the feeling of “I just don’t care anymore.” It took me a while to realize my problem; I was being preyed upon by Satan and his helpers. These demons that followed me around gave me a negative attitude towards life itself. They made me feel like nobody cared or loved me. However, I finally prayed and asked God to send me some protection from these evil spirits that haunted me. Gradually, my negative thoughts and feelings started disappearing and I started to feel loved and cared for. I felt as if something different was watching me, not haunting me but protecting me. Like a lion devours his fresh meat, theses demons were forcing my feelings to be torn apart. It was time to put an end to this constant suffering.

When I finally turned to the Lord, he answered my prayers by sending me angels as protection. In the Bible, the chapter of James 5:13, quotes “Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing psalms.” I did just this. I prayed that God would take away my negative attitude and help me through my struggles. I asked God if he would take away those demons that followed and watched me, I asked God to send and angel to protect me. He answered my prayers and the horrible spirits went away. I am now filled with the feeling of happiness. These angels that watch over me fight off the demons that were determined to cause me pain. These angels also make my attitude great, they make me feel loved, and they make me feel protected.

There is a difference between being frightened about the thought of angels and demons among us, and believing that angels and demons are among us. The difference is having the assurance that there is something bigger than those demons, and the assurance that the Lord and his angels are watching over you and protecting you. Like the hawk watches his prey, Satan and his demons watch us. However, God overcomes all evil and fights off Satan and his demons, he keeps us safe in the comfort of his watchful eyes. Yes, angels and demons are among us, but we must remember that good always overcomes evil.