Leroy Jenkins is Misunderstood

Jesse - Newport, North Carolina

The craze of the online computer game World of Warcraft (WOW), has had an effect on many of the gaming world’s connoisseurs, and is becoming more popular by the day. One very long-lasting impression was the case of a gamer by the name of Leroy Jenkins. Leroy Jenkins’ was involved in a large quest battle with a group of player in his realm, when he suddenly ran into the battle while the group was still strategizing. As the other players involved in the quest realized Leroy’s actions, they immediately ran in and were slaughtered by the awesome monsters. Many of the players scolded Leroy, even cursed at him, for his ignorant actions. I believe these harsh words towards Leroy were much uncalled for. A player such as Leroy, who actually ran in after just getting back to his computer, would never intentionally run in to ruin the groups plan.

Leroy Jenkins was, and probably still is, and avid World of Warcraft player, assuming he did not quit as a result of the other players’ scorn. I am certain that Leroy would have understood the importance of the battle and made a less barbaric approach to the fight had he been present for the briefing. In the video of the great incident, Leroy returns to his computer and runs in soon after one of the gamers explain the group’s thirty-three point three (repeating) percent chance of survival. It is very possible that Mr. Jenkins could have taken his post at his computer too late to hear the extremely thin chance. True, Leroy should have thought about his actions before charging into battle, but can you really blame a man for being excited about such an epic event? A true devoted gamer would understand the anxiety and rash actions that can result from the pressure of an important event.

In conclusion, some gamers may see Leroy Jenkins as a simple man who happened to enjoy ruining extremely important situations. However, I understand the case of Leroy, and understand why he would commit his mistake. To me, Leroy Jenkins is a hero for leaving a lasting impression on the World of Warcraft and the entire gaming world.