Driver’s License Age

Dylan - Plymouth, North Carolina

When do you think kids should be able to drive? I believe that kids should get their license at the age of fifteen. The current age to get your license is sixteen, so I would like for it to be lowered at least a year. I think this should happen to help parents out, to help kids out at school, and to give kids more experience with driving. Therefore this could help out many ways.

The idea of getting your license at the age of fifteen will mainly help the parents out. This means that kids can drive there selves to and from school, and that definitely helps most parents out. They have to get to work and all these other things, so the earlier kids can drive, the better for the parents. This is one way that a driver’s license at the age of fifteen will help out.

This idea also helps students out at school. Its simple, if they need extra help after school, they can leave whenever they need to. The other option to this is to wait for a parent or something to get there after they are done. The thing is, you can never judge what time you will get done with extra help. So with my idea, the students can stay as long as they need to, and then leave as soon as they need to. They don’t have to wait for anybody!

The third and final reason I believe that kids should get there driver’s license at a earlier age is to have more experience in driving when they really need it. What I mean by this is, when kids move out and go to college –- when they are living alone, they will have all the experience they need on driving. Nobody wants a inexperienced driver on the roads, especially in a busy place.

This is why I think that kids should get their driver’s license before the age of sixteen. There are many more reasons that this would be ideal. There are also reasons why this may not be such a good idea. Just think about it!