William - Maysville, North Carolina

I believe that each person should be able to decide what religion they worship and it should not be pushed on them by other people. Everybody should be able to choose what they worship when they are become old enough to make a decision about what they believe in.

When I was younger I was always told that there was only one religion that was acceptable to worship or practice. As I grew older I began to have my opinion on this subject that was different then others I was raised with. I have seen many different people and things that are being worshiped in different religions and some make more sense to me then others.

Every person looks at each part of religion in a different way and over the years many religions began to evolve out of others and some religions just began from nothing. Since I was raised in a Pentecostal I was always told that was the only sect of Christianity that was accepted but nowhere have I seen that in the bible. I have come to believe that any of these Christianity sects are acceptable but somehow nobody else I know does. Usually a person is raised in a church and stays in that type of church the rest of their life, but they don’t change religions since it is pushed on them by others in that church.

Also when other religions develop they are looked down upon by people from other religions. Take for example the Muslim religion, all other religions worship a different god and say that Allah is a false idol in their religion. But how can they determine who the real god is everybody’s religion claims to have the only true god. Since many different religions have different gods this is one of them main reasons people push their religions on another, because they believe only their god is right.

When writing this many new things came to my mind about this and I am not trying to push this on anybody. It is just what I believe, because if I tried to push this on you it would be like push religion on somebody and I don’t believe that is right.