BELIEVE IN YOURSELF

Courtney - cedar point, North Carolina

People will always look at me and say “wow, you run cross country?” It gets annoying seeing that people stereotype you to a certain sport, so once you try something new, people assume you arent going to suceed. So i started trying hard and putting my mind to running and it made me realize that i can do ANYTHING i put my mind to. I believe in determination. There are always going to be people to put you down, its just apart of life, but i guess you also have to remember that once you get past what other people think, there are always going to be people to cheer you on at the finish line. Im not the best runner what-so ever, but i know that if i push myself and try my absolute hardest, then I cant ask for anything more. There is no better feeling than running through those finish lines knowing u did your best, and pushed yourself to the end. I believe in perseverance. I really should apply this new attitude towards my schoolwork. I could do so well in many things if i just put my mind to it! I believe in a new start and working hard to achieve new goals. I believe that I can motivate to do better in many things. I believe in myself.